The Female Condom has all the benefits of the “male” condom but with a female powered attitude.
How to use
Female Condoms take a little practice
- Remove condom from packaging, careful not rip or damage condom.
- Put spermicide or lubricant on the outside of the closed end of the female condom
- Find a comfortable position: sit, stand, squat, place a leg on a chair, lie down, etc.
- Squeeze the sides of the inner ring of the closed side of the female condom
- Insert into the vagina as if it were a tampon
- Push the inner ring as far as it can go, until it reaches the cervix
- Pull your finger out and the outer ring should hang about an inch out of the vagina
You can use the same instructions for anal sex, as well
May cause irritation to vulva, penis, or anus
Penis may slip between female condom and vaginal wall
Note to Self
The female condom is the only female-initiated prevention product that provides simultaneous protection against STIs, including HIV, and unintended pregnancy.
DON’T USE FEMALE CONDOM AND MALE CONDOM AT SAME TIME. FRICTION CAUSES BREAKAGE.